Calvary Bible Church
Youth Application for Children's Ministry
Thank you for your interest in serving as a helper in Children's Ministries at Calvary Bible Church! All student volunteers are expected to: be a positive role model, help the kids grow spiritually, share time equally with the kids and dress appropriately.
Please fill out the Ministry Application and the form for indicating which areas you interested in serving.
Please review this opportunity with mom/dad and pray about serving!! Thank you for your desire to to give your time, energy, and talents to CBC and to the Lord.
If you have questions, please contact the church office at 269-372-1130 or email Hannah at firstname.lastname@example.org.
**We would recommend that you and your parents examine the form together before filling it out**
**You must be between the ages of 11 and 18 to fill out this form**
- Volunteers must be 18 years or older to serve in the infant nursery. To serve in the older nursery, you must be at least 12 years of age. As well, there must always be an adult (over 18) present in each nursery. Eleven year olds may serve in the older nursery if their parent is working with them.
- You must be committed to working with the children by being faithful to serve on the day you are scheduled.
IV. Calvary Bible Church Classroom Procedures
- "Two Adult Rule" - Two adult staff members must be present in the department. At no time may staff person be alone with a child. At restroom breaks, two adults must be present. In the classroom restrooms, one adult may assist a child but the door must be left ajar.
- Inappropriate Behavior - Spanking or physically striking a child, as well as any harsh yelling at a child are inappropriate. Forced restraint of a child is not appropriate except when the child is in danger of hurting himself or another child, and another adult is present. In general, any activity that is unduly harsh (whether by neglect or commission) or any activity that is questionable sexually should be avoided.
- Release of Children - Supervision of the children should be maintained until all the children are in the custody of their parents or someone appointed by their parents. Parents must fill out a special form to allow another specified person to pick up their child. In the case of the infants and pre-schools departments, a security tag system is used. child will not be returned unless the proper tag is presented.
Should my application be accepted and I participate in a ministry within Calvary Bible Church, I agree to be bound by the Constitution and Statement of Faith of Calvary Bible Church, the Christian Education Policies, and to refrain form unscriptural conduct in the performance of my services on behalf of the church.
I understand that in consideration of the opportunity to participate in Calvary Bible Church ministry and in consideration of the receipt and evaluation of this application by Calvary Bible Church, I release Calvary Bible Church, including its members, volunteers, employees, and agents, from any claim that i may have against them as a result of this application process, or any injury or illness that may occur during participation in Calvary Bible Church activities of ministries. This release includes a release of any persons hosting any Calvary Bible Church activities. this release of liability shall include, without limitation, any claims for negligence and breach of fiduciary duty against Calvary Bible Church and its members, volunteers, employees or agents.