160821PM LS Wearing the Truths of Salvation as My Helmet.docx
Wearing the Truths of Salvation as My Helmet
Take Up Your Helmet Daily
If you have never tried this, I’d encourage you to start a new dimension of your spiritual life by starting one of the more wonderful spiritual exercises you can ever do.
As you begin each day, one of our greatest privileges is to take up the helmet of the salvation God has given to us.
By faith we please God when we believe what He's said about us.
We need to not live by what others say or have said about us all our life.
Satan is the Accuser and wants us to only remember all the many times we have fallen;
Satan delights in the days, weeks, or months he can keep us condemning ourselves for what we've done.
That is his plan, so don’t fall for it.
Resist Satan as you believe the truth; speak the truth; and preach the Gospel to yourself.
And whenever we fall down, God says to just turn back to Him and repent, confessing our sin immediately—and believe that what God has promised in His salvation.
We are forgiven, justified, regenerated, reconciled, adopted, redeemed, and sanctified.
That makes us precious in His sight, special in His plan.
One of the most powerful habits you could develop is to take these truths about the gift of salvation and rejoice by faith in what God has done and wants to do in you!
Living & Wearing His JUSTIFICATION
In Justification we go from being accused and guilty before God to being righteous and with no record of wrongs!
We need to experience what the Scriptures often declare—God has once and for all through Christ's sacrifice justified us.
That means that He has accused us, declared us guilty of sin and then made us righteous and forever deleted the record of all our wrongs.
1. Romans 8:33-34 “Who shall bring a charge against God’s elect? It is God who justifies. 34 Who is he who condemns? It is Christ who died, and furthermore is also risen, who is even at the right hand of God, who also makes intercession for us.” I have been justified and by Christ justifying me and because the record has been erased —I am free forever from condemnation. Say that aloud with me
2. Ephesians 3:12 “… in whom we have boldness and access with confidence through faith in Him”. By Christ justifying me—I can always approach God with confidence. Say that aloud with me
3. Hebrews 4:15-16 “For we do not have a High Priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but was in all points tempted as we are, yet without sin.16 Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need.” By Christ justifying me—I always have His grace and help. Say that aloud with me
Living & Wearing His REGENERATION
In Regeneration we go from dead and decaying to alive and overflowing.
We need to experience what the Scriptures often declare—God Himself has regenerated us. That means that He has sought us out in our dead and decaying condition, breathed eternal life into us, and brought us into His family by the new birth.
Then He comes to live within us so we are forever having an abundant and overflowing, eternal life.
1. Philippians 4:13 “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me”. Because Jesus regenerated me—I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Say that aloud with me
2. Colossians 2:10 “…and you are complete in Him, who is the head of all principality and power”. Because Jesus regenerated me—I am complete in Christ. Say that aloud with me
3. 1 John 5:18 “We know that whoever is born of God does not sin; but he who has been born of God keeps himself, and the wicked one does not touch him”. Because Jesus regenerated me—I am born of God and the evil one cannot touch me. Say that aloud with me
Living & Wearing His RECONCILIATION
In Reconciliation we go from being an enemy at war with God to being His treasured friend!
We need to experience what the Scriptures often declare—God has ended His war against us in our sin by Christ's reconciling sacrifice and has established not a truce, He has made us His treasured friend.
Ephesians 1:6 “… to the praise of the glory of His grace, by which He has made us accepted in the Beloved”. Because Jesus reconciled me—I am accepted In Christ Jesus. Say that aloud with me
John 15:15 “No longer do I call you servants, for a servant does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends, for all things that I heard from My Father I have made known to you”. Because Jesus reconciled me—I am Christ's friend. Say that aloud with me
2 Corinthians 5:17-20 “Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new.18 Now all things are of God, who has reconciled us to Himself through Jesus Christ, and has given us the ministry of reconciliation,19 that is, that God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself, not imputing their trespasses to them, and has committed to us the word of reconciliation.20 Now then, we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God were pleading through us: we implore you on Christ’s behalf, be reconciled to God”. Because Jesus reconciled me—I am Christ's ambassador of reconciliation. Say that aloud with me
Living & Wearing His ADOPTION
In Adoption we go from being a stranger and an outsider to being His son or daughter and in partnership with Him!
We need to experience what the Scriptures often declare—God has taken me from being a stranger outside of His presence and blessing and has made me his child and the son and daughter of His family in partnership with Him.
1. John 1:12 “But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, to those who believe in His name”. Because I was adopted by God—I am God's child. Say that aloud with me
2. John 6:47 “Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Me has everlasting life”. Because I was adopted by God—I have everlasting life. Say that aloud with me
3. John 10:10 “The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly”. Because I was adopted by God—I have abundant life. Say that aloud with me
4. Romans 8:28 “And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose”. Because I was adopted by God—God is working everything in my lifetime out for His good. Say that aloud with me
5. Philippians 3:20 “For our citizenship is in heaven, from which we also eagerly wait for the Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ”. Because I was adopted by God—I am a citizen of heaven. Say that aloud with me